Senior Pre-sales Consultant
Impression is recruiting a Senior Consultant based in South Africa to join the Pre-Sales Consulting department in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region. The individual will be primarily responsible for developing business opportunities with both existing clients and new client relationships, primarily in South Africa. These activities are performed in co-operation with Impression’s channel partners responsible for the active accounts and region.
- Engage and consult with existing and prospective clients and to understand their needs and challenges. Define and propose viable solutions based on Impression’s software, services and business consulting with a clear focus on business value and customer satisfaction
- Translate customer software IT requirements into successful Demos/POCs/Pilots
- Develop and maintain a breadth and depth of knowledge on the functional elements of Impression’s value propositions
- Build a strong network and relationships with stakeholders of key Impression accounts in South Africa
- Create and present compelling value propositions. Lead this process to create outstanding deliverables and meetings that strengthen client relationships and enable generation of additional revenue; while leading the process you involve and work closely with your peers in the sales and pre-sales team
- Participate in and lead bid teams; provide content for RFQ, RFI and RFP responses; enable successful client workshops following the RFx responses.
- Maintain and expand your domain knowledge of business processes in Impression’s core vertical industries and horizontal business areas
- Understand your client’s business, industry context and market pressures
- Execute and contribute customer account plans with well-defined success criteria
- Manage a portfolio of client opportunities and actively contribute to the progression of each opportunity
- Contribute to demand generation activities such as marketing events, webinars, blogs and white papers
- Significant experience working either vendor-side in pre-sales with experience selling software or solutions or ‘in house’ as a technologist for a blue-chip financial services client.
- A solid understanding of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) processes, particularly in banking, consumer finance, telecommunications, retail, or insurance.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Able to drive successful communication with Subject Matter Experts, Department managers, Business owners, IT owners and Executives
- Proven presentation skills both in person and in writing
- Firm understanding of what is required to implement and make best use of systems
- Proven practical experience of solution components falling into Workflow and Business Process Management (BPM), Document Management and Delivery, Electronic Signature solutions
- Experience with the creation, positioning and selling compelling business cases enabling solution sales
- You are passionate about the ability of technology to improve real world business applications across a wide range of use cases in the financial services sector and beyond
- You are a team player who enjoys working with others to reach a goal and for whom customer satisfaction is paramount
- You are a strong communicator and have excellent written language, verbal, and presentation skills
- You are a self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- You are willing to be compensated on an 80/20 basic/commission basis because you understand that with greater risk comes greater reward
- You are either a South African citizen or have been granted permanent residency in South Africa
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in a subject such as Computer Science, Economics or Engineering
- Great language skills and fluent in English
- Has a development background (.NET C# minimum)
- Can present technical solutions in simple business terms to customers
- Understand technical integration concepts such as SOA, WebServices, REST etc.
|Job Category||Information Technology, Sales|
|Travel||International and national travel|
|Visa/citizenship||Must be able to work in South Africa permanently|
|Remuneration||Basic and commission|